You are here
6 tips for managing remote teams more effectively
1. Create a daily summary
2. Give them clear goals, tasks and deadlines
3. Recognise their efforts publically
4. Get them involved in team building/celebrations
5. Schedule meetings within their time zone
6. Slow down meeting agendas
More and more employees are working remotely, and sometimes entire teams are separated from their manager, which can lead to feelings of isolation and disconnection.
The most important things to do is maintain regular, consistent communication with remote workers and teams, and to have clear parameters in place to ensure no communication is misinterpreted.