VP of Supply Chain & Operations, Asia
Global powerhouse in FMCG industry
Exciting new position with P&L responsibilities
About Our Client
Our client is a leading supplier in the FMCG industry, catering to international MNCs globally. They manufacture & distribute an extensive range of products and pride themselves on continuously developing new and innovative products. With their rapid growth in Asia, they are looking for a VP of Supply Chain & Operations to support the team with their rapid growth.
Reporting to the Asia MD, you will be responsible for the effective management & controlling of all facets of the end-to-end Supply Chain & Logistics Operations for Asia. This is a strategic core position but you will also have to attend to the daily operational activities.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Regional Demand Planning and implementation of Forecasting Tools for Asia.
- Inventory Management and Planning.
- End-to-end Supply Chain Planning.
- Setting up S&OP in Australia + China.
- Managing internal Distribution Centres (DCs) across the region through in-market Operations Managers.
- Evaluate, define and strategise Distribution & Operations processes across the region.
- Management of 3PL performance via Scorecard.
- Market analysis to identify strengths vs weaknesses.
- Identifying gaps and opportunities to initiate projects such as relocation of DC, consolidation of Warehouses etc. in markets such as China.
- Having a good understanding of the 3PL industry to match individual competencies with the needs of each DC across the region.
- Procurement and negotiation of rates (RFP/RFQ) with Freight Forwarders/3PLs.
- Spearheading Cost savings Projects for the region - (structural changes) longer-term vs strategic moves.
- Driving process improvements to optimise delivery, customer satisfaction and cost.
- Stakeholder Management
- Team management and building of capabilities.
- Travel about 30-40% to countries within your remit on a needs-basis.
The Successful Applicant
You must have a Degree in Logistics Management or Supply Chain. Significant years of related experience in end-to-end Supply Chain & Logistics Operations for Asia within a FMCG environment. You must have an excellent track record in leading and managing the Operations & Distribution function for a multiple-country portfolio and have done strategic implementation before. You must be a self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills and possess the ability to be a hands-on leader with the determination to succeed. It is essential that you have managed huge teams before.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you will be dealing with regional offices. You will work in a unique and interesting environment where you are constantly interacting with various stakeholders. Our client offers a clear career progression as well as an attractive remuneration package.