VP, Market Risk Analyst
Global Commodity Trading Company
About Our Client
Our client operates in more than 60 countries, supplying various products to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. In addition, our client is listed on the Singapore Exchange and are among the top 20 primary listed company by market capitalisation.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, the VP of Market Risk Analyst will be involved in:-
- Determining the valuation parameters and qualifying fair price forward curves using the Company's portfolio valuation.
- Computing, reconciling, analysing and reporting daily exposure of profit or loss of the trading books for use by the trading teams.
- Identifying, measuring, managing and reporting the risks (VaR) within the trading activities.
- Performing market risk stress testing on trading portfolio and enterprise wide stress testing for the group.
The Successful Applicant
To qualify the potential VP, Market Risk Analyst should meet the following criteria:-
- Bachelor's Degree and Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Physics.
- At least 8 years of market risk management experience with strong understanding of VaR and the "Greeks".
- Proficient in VBA and SQL is mandatory and other IT languages such as Python, R, C++ are desirable.
- Strong analytical, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal capability.
What's on Offer
The Risk Management team is seeking an individual who is commercially focused with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders. The role offers the successful candidate immediate exposure across the supply chain, including upstream, midstream and trading operations as part of a global function.