- Newly created role, client establishing HQ in Singapore
- One down from C-level
About Our Client
Our client is a successful and renowned player in the CPG space. With operations in close to forty countries and a huge retail presence, they aim to deliver 4x growth in the next five years. Over the last few decades, they have built an enviable brand and are looking to strengthen this capability. The Vice President, Global Brand Marketing role will be primary brand custodian for our client's brand. This is a newly created, permanent role.
The Vice President, Global Brand Marketing will report directly to the Chief Marketing Office 'CMO' and manage a global team of brand marketers with an expected direct headcount of 6-8.
This is a leadership role but requires the individual to be very hands on across all customer touch points store design, packaging, communications, and social strategies. This role will also be responsible for the Franchisee Brand and Employer Branding.
The measures of success in this role are:
- Team leadership: hire, coach and lead a global brand marketing team across Asia and other regions
- Creative: lead the development of creative materials for stores and other distribution channels, including digital, social, signage, packaging etc.
- Corporate identity: drive creation of corporate identify materials, including brand guidelines
- Campaigns: be the key POC for all global creative briefs and integrated campaigns
- Stakeholder management: work with the CMO and other leaders in the group to connect brand development and the ambitious business growth plans
- Social Media: establish the digital strategy and operating parameters (though there will be a Director for Digital driving the execution)
- Employer branding: ensure consistent employer branding and strict compliance of such guidelines within the franchisee marketing teams as well
The Successful Applicant
- Masters or Bachelors' Degree in Marketing, Business, or a relevant discipline
- Minimum fifteen years' experience in brand management, with at least four years in a food or beverage category
- Five or more years in a line management role, with at least five direct reports
- Experience in businesses with a significant retail presence would be highly preferred
- Strong network with agency partners and ability to drive efficiency within such relationships
- Decent understanding of design, packaging within the CPG space
- Highly analytical personality and ability to develop campaigns using in-house and external customer insights
- Flexibility to travel within Asia and outside, once border restrictions ease
What's on Offer
This is a new role created because of our client's interest to setup a global headquarters in Singapore. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and a corresponding ability to challenge status quo. You will lead the setup of the global brand function in key markets and play a pivotal role in hiring and developing talent. The fixed compensation for this role will be competitive and candidates who have managed global brands will find this an excellent fit.