Trade Manager - (Pulses or Oil Seeds)
Newly created postion with MNC that is expanding their market share in APAC
Critical role in the organization with multiple organic growth opportunities
About Our Client
With HQ in South America our client is a producer and exporter of wood, they have been operation for more than 20 years and Singapore is the local head quarters for APAC region. They have currently a team of 5 and they are looking to hire a Trade Manager / BU manager to handle the operations in APAC. They are also looking into diversify their business into Pulses or Oil seeds as part of their inorganic growth.
- You need to manage day-to-day trading documentation activities on both purchasing and destination end (dealing with shipping lines)
- Understanding market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
- Independently resolving P&L reconciliation on issues
- Ensuring all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments
- Cultivating an appreciation of balance between revenue generation and profitability
- Understanding drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Support the development and management of firm's risk management policies in trading business and applicable legal and regulatory rules
- Proactively sharing information, knowledge and ideas that help others succeed
- Playing an active role in training and developing juniors; Take a leading role in people initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training)
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of all documentation and trade finance flow
- Successful candidate should have experience in Wood, Pulses or Oil Seeds trading industry. Preferably with extensive shipping lines experience;
- Experience in handling both physical and paper trades is ideal for this role.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile and which factors impact it; You should be able to resolve P&L reconciliation issues with little guidance
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
- The candidate will have to adapt to numerous counterparts working in different cultures and various industries (Brazil, India, Singapore)
- Execution driven, positive working attitude with initiative and attention to details is required.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
The selected candidate will be joining an organisation that is still expanding their footprint in APAC. They expect strong growth in next coming years and they are prepared to progress the right candidate organically in the business.