Trade Finance Operations - Senior Analyst
Great work life balance and remuneration
Be a part of a team that handles the bank's bread & butter business
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest foreign banks that is currently expanding and looking for candidates to come on board and join them going into 2019.
- Support the Front office Corporate Banking Team efforts to provide efficient and prompt services to our customers in order to increase volume of business and income.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time, with respect to corporate credit processing and assist in meeting unit's budget, controlling costs and achieving targeted levels of processing volumes.
- Ensure Services of Foreign Trade Operations are delivered in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner
- Review and check all completed document on each applicable stage as well as work on dispatching funding request, check repayment advice in order to ensure the transaction of both import and export businesses are processed timely and correctly and comply with both Internal and external (SAFE) policies
- Following up on overdue import/export bills and deal with customers to resolve problems relating to discrepancies spotted on import/export bills
- Ensure consistency in processes, controls and standards for each of the identified areas of work to eliminate all possible risks to bank and the customers.
- Prepare and submit reports to Senior Management to monitor work flow and income.
- Coordinate with Head office to seek timely decisions on all Foreign Trade transactions.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Trade Operations (Import, Export Letters of Credit, Guarantees and Bills for collection)
- Solid Technical knowledge of ICC Rules, UCP 600 and others relating to Foreign Trade
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Effective management skills, initiative analytical skills and marketing capabilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of changing procedures & systems
- Singaporean/ PR candidates
- University Degree
What's on Offer
- The successful candidate will be able to work in an environment that encourages independent thinking and problem solving
- Great team culture, very cohesive and good work life balance
- Low volume but big on process improvements and client servicing