Technical Sales Engineer - Refinery & Petrochemical
Chemical or Mechanical Engineering qualification required
APAC role with significant travel required
About Our Client
A global MNC engineering business that provides capital equipment and products that are used in the Refinery, Distillation, Chemical and Petrochemical Processing industries. Their business model involves direct selling for their equipment sales and then a mixture between direct sales and distributor sales for their aftermarket products and services.
The business have 100+ employees across APAC and this Technical Sales Engineer role is responsible for 2/3 countries in APAC and this will be determined by business needs and previous regional exposure for the selected candidate. The team consists of several technical sales engineers, a service manager and team of service engineers, process and application engineers, internal sales/ post sales and project co-ordinators. They have customers across APAC including Singapore, SEA, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and ANZ.
A technical sales role for Asia Pacific reporting to Aftermarket Director and will join a team of 6 Technical Sales Engineers (covering APAC and all based in Singapore). Customers are in the O&G, marine & offshore, energy, petrochemical and chemical markets.
- As well as managing current customers - you will also develop strategic business plans to target replacement of competitor's equipment
- Help to manage and grow the profitability of the business across APAC and ensure that end users receive the best local service and support possible
- Achieve 100% compliance by understanding corporate, regional and local legislation requirements and ensuring there are no commercial compliance risks when engaging with a customer
- Identify and anticipate customers' needs for equipment, parts and service and qualify opportunities to ensure good use of limited application resources (e.g. validity of project, customer buying history, credit levels, payment history and behaviour, project timing, funding and scope)
- Provide support and guidance to local external sales representatives (agents/ channel partners) so that they are aligned with the Company's sales targets and strategy
- Provide sound market and product assessment data for new product development or revitalising older products
- Develop knowledge about competitors activities, strategies, strengths and weaknesses
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Risk Assessments and Equal Opportunities
- This role will involve significant travel across APAC (approx. 50%)
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates who have held regional sales and service roles within heavy process industries and who have either a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering background (minimum Diploma).
- Experienced in dealing with refinery, O&G, marine, petrochemical, chemical customers
- Strong track record in implementing sales and market strategies and working effectively with internal technical, engineering, operations, logistics and commercial teams
- Experience in successfully developing emerging markets and developing strategies to grow such markets
- Experienced in project management, conflict resolution and ERP/ CRM
- Able to create long term service contracts with key customers and to create high value opportunities beyond just replacement parts and service
- Highly skilled in technical engineering sales with excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Comfortable with 50% travel and being away from home for several days with one trip
What's on Offer
An opportunity for a qualified technical sales professional from the process industry to ensure that the sales plans are achieved and that the business continues to prosper in APAC. The culture of the team is very strong and the office location is very favourable for an engineering/ industrial business!