Technical Product Manager (Pro AV Training)
Owning a high autonomy
Critical function for product development & project implementation
About Our Client
Our client is well-established MNC within the Pro AV landscape. They carry an entire suite of AV connectivity solutions, ranging from switchers to cables and adaptors, scalers and converters, amplifiers and more. Their solutions are applied across many industry sectors including corporate businesses, healthcare, hospitality and retail. As a business, they also grow both organically and inorganically through the acquisition of companies. In the new year, they are looking to grow their team by looking for a Technical Product Manager who has good hands-on experience on HDBT / AVoIP within the AV space, for the Asia Pacific region. Pre-sales candidates who are keen to do Product Manager function would also be a potential fit for this role.
This role falls under the commercial team and requires close partnership with the sales team. You are expected to identify opportunities, complementing the sales teams as a technical solution expert. Additionally, you would the key point of contact for the channel partners on topics like training, certifications, supporting with channel enablement initiatives and updating them on new technology and products / solutions that the company has come up with.
In addition, you would also be challenged to the following:
- Understanding customers' requirements and crafting solutions
- Sharing AV expertise and impart the necessary product knowledge to sales, channel partners and customers through product trainings
- Effectiveness in selling, winning and supporting the company's solutions and products
- Acting as the product trainer, and getting qualified as a trainer to certify partners, dealers and customers alike
- Focus on solution selling and having the customers' satisfaction as priority rather than pushing sales of top performing products only to grow the top line aggressively
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or a relevant field
- More than 10 years' experience in solution selling, by offering targeted and customised solutions based on a detailed assessment of customer requirements, within both a direct channel and distribution channel model
- Proven experience on product training with sales teams and channel partners
- Owning an AV industry certification in CCNA, BICSI or CTS
- Solid communicator on both technical topics, as well as commercial topics, being able to relate to both the technical teams and the commercial teams
- Experience in video switching, streaming technologies, network protocols, and control solutions
- Being a fast learner on new developments in the market, what the competitor landscape looks like and keeping the company's products and solution offerings up-to-date in the AV industry
- Flexibility of travelling extensively
What's on Offer
Our client is an established, electronics, AV and network infrastructure solutions expert. This role provides opportunities to exercise entrepreneur and creative approaches in tackling greenfield projects for the organisation. The successful applicant will be expected to have a positive, can-do and authentic personality. It is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are eager to step into a strategic role to drive the brand forward.