Tax Advisory Accountant
Wide exposure within Tax Spectrum
Contract convertible to perm opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a global metal product supplier and processor which is a subsidiary of an established global commodity group which manage a portfolio of global supply chains across a range of industrial and energy products.
- Preparation corporate income tax returns, both consolidated and stand-alone entity
- Ensures the accuracy of tax returns, tax provision and other required reports including retention of documentation supporting tax positions under examination by tax authorities.
- Leads in the preparation and review of complex accounting activities such as accounting for income taxes and reconciliation of tax provision to tax return.
- Participates in the interaction with operating company management, third party advisors, external advisors and taxing authorities on tax compliance, planning and controversy issues.
- Reviews accounts for reasonableness and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and review internal managerial reports.
- Assists in implementing appropriate accounting practices and internal controls.
- Ensures improvements to compliance and provision processes.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting and related field, CPA/ACCA qualified, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Big four audit background with commercial field working experience
- At least five years of experience with tax and accountancy
- Able to work independently and make sound judgements without supervision
- Analytical and good problem solving skills, with high attention to details
- Strong communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to various work environments and project schedules
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and accounting guidance concerning consumer lending
What's on Offer
This role will take on an initial 6 months contract and thereafter possible to be converted to permanent once proven to be competent and successful on the position.