- Exciting Opportunity
- Top Multinational Organization
About Our Client
Our Client is a Global Conglomerate within the Specialty Chemical Industry. They are the market leader in the specialty chemical industry with a large global network across Europe, America and APAC. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally of which they are currently in an expansion mode seeking for a Supply Chain Manager to be based here in Singapore.
Reporting to the General Manager, the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of end to end supply chain functions which includes planning, customer service, distribution and logistics across various sites in Singapore. This is a people management role.Your responsibilities include:
- To manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability and timeliness of deliverables.
- To allocate resources to meet targets in areas such as transit and delivery times; inventory levels; procurement, warehousing, and storage costs; and service standards.
- Responsible to negotiate agreements with key raw material suppliers, third party logistics suppliers, freight forwarders.
- To lead, evaluate and develop other executives as well as professional logistics management staff at one or more location(s) to ensure resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
- Responsible to establish control and targets in areas of improving inventory turnover rate, delivery performance, minimizing storage costs and monitors the performance of all supply and logistics activities.
- Stakeholder Management
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in the Chemical/FMCG Industry from a Manufacturing background. It is essential that you have people management experience and having the ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess very strong communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognizes talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.