Supplier Quality Engineer
Great opportunity in stable company
Initiate strategic changes to improve company business
About Our Client
A Dutch company, my client is an industry leading multinational imaging and electronics company. With the R&D, procurement, quality and logistic team in Singapore, the office here manages the Asia supply base to offer world-class printing solution. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will travel to South East Asia to work with suppliers and monitor the assembly plant.
- Evaluate new suppliers' fit and capabilities to drive continuous quality and reliability improvement.
- Provide quality support for NPI activities such as innovating part design and inspection for product first article qualification build to ensure suppliers achieve reproducibility and measurability.
- Interface with suppliers and contract manufacturers to monitor part transfer activities, part delivery and part quality performance to ensure all Quality, Logistic, Technology and Cost are met.
- Own the cost of quality to achieve short Time-to-Quality and quality target through periodic system/process audits at suppliers side.
- Evaluate both internal processes and procedures to establish product quality targets realisation of product line involving multidisciplinary teams to address part quality issues.
- Own the communication relationship for manufacturing partners in South East Asia implementing corrective action plans addressing quality products issue.
The Successful Applicant
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Electronics/Industrial Engineering with working experience in R&D and Contract Manufacturer environment.
- Minimum 4 years working experience, preferably in plastic/machining/sheet metal manufacturing (hard tooled/soft tooled).
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and well-versed in QAQC tools including FMEA, SPC and 6-sigma.
What's on Offer
Leadership role involving liaison with all corporate levels.