Structural Engineer (Renewable Energy Projects)
Work On Regional Projects
Newly Added Headcount
About Our Client
A growing engineering firm with an expertise in waste to energy projects is recruiting for a Structural Engineer to join its team here in Singapore.
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Assess structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Prepare drawings, specifications and computer models of structures
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected plants are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Usage of computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of structural design / stress engineering experience ideally in power plant, waste to energy plant or related projects
What's on Offer
You will be able to gain professional experiences with a well-respected company that is working on numerous exciting projects in the region.