Strategic Trade Compliance Director
Develop career in market-leading innovative technology solutions MNC
Strategic Trade Compliance Director position
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the world's leading innovative technology solutions provider with multi-billion dollar revenue worldwide. They have significant market share in key global markets and are looking to expand their footprint globally to grow their business significantly. They are currently looking for a Regulatory Compliance Director to be a pioneer and an integral part of their business to assist and continue their current growth.
You will be leading the overall Trade Compliance function for the company, acting as the gatekeeper of excellence in areas such as legal, financial and reputational risk and continuously provide the best practices and solutions in APAC. You will be a pioneer in the new position and put in place the processes and compliance for the company.
- Implement measures to minimise risk to the corporation and establish framework to increase the speed and accuracy of customs clearance - focus is on APAC.
- Effectively work with customs authorities to continue in the development of new markets in APAC.
- Implement, manage and audit trade compliance processes to optimise speed, cost as well as compliance.
- Leverage on Free Trade Agreements (FTA), Customs and Trade Compliance to ensure supply chain costs are at optimal levels.
- Implement and put in place Trade Compliance processes to optimise speed, cost as well as compliance
- Driving continuous process improvement on a global basis
- Partner with suppliers and customers (Legal, IT, Finance etc) to standardise procedures
- Educate internal staff and manage stakeholders to raise awareness for Trade Compliance and its implications
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have significant years of experience in Trade Compliance, Customs and a solid understanding of Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) for APAC. Ideally you will have previous experience in the High-Tech segment. You should also possess good time management and excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a start-up environment.
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. Also, they have a clear set of standards and guidance for conducting their business with integrity and have a huge emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility. Ongoing Corporate Training and Development courses nurture talents in the company and high performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme.