Strategic Planning & Commercial Manager - 3PL
Crucial business partnering role on commercial excellence
Trusted global brand
About Our Client
Our client is the leader in integrated logistics in Asia Pacific. They service more than 45,000 users spanning across 45,000 countries. They attribute it to having top talent which they groom consistently, in order to ensure that quality standards are delivered in every work process. While freight and logistics are its key business verticals, some of the industries our client services are FMCG, retail, healthcare, and aerospace, amongst many others. Today, Michael Page is supporting our client on identifying a highly ambitious individual who can make commercially sound judgments based on detailed analysis and strategic planning.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, your main objectives revolves around commercial aspects relating to analysis and reporting, strategic planning and contract negotiations. You will also be expected to deliver and manage the strategic intent and growth of the company's assets and property.
Along these, comes with varied challenges which are not limited to the following:
- Work with the leadership team regionally on corporate strategic planning to achieve growth improvement targets, and aligning them to the overall company strategy
- Drive growth and investment plans from start to finish - from target identification to due diligence, negotiation and implementation, while working closely with the internal business units
- Be actively involved in decision making for the business vertical, including analysis of new GTM initiatives, marketing ROI evaluation and conducting competitor benchmarking studies.
- Conceptualisation and execution of a profitable commercial strategy that is applicable for the entire Asia Pacific region by the respective local teams, based upon strategic development and implementation
- Maximising the return on investment and profitability of the company by delivering overall business benefits in financial terms
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must come with the following:
- Top academic qualification like an MBA, MSc or equivalent
- 10 -15 years' experience of corporate strategy experience, with a focus on commercial business partnering
- Sound knowledge and solid experience of the 3PL industry
- Business acumen and commercial mindset
- Strong ability to manage data and create financial models - handling budgets
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations accurately to internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to travel as the role will require up to 40% travel
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large MNC with a good brand equity. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees, providing you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.