Strategic Innovation Manager - B2B
Prestigious Aviation MNC with numerous awards
High autonomy given
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious aviation services company with global presence. As the global market becomes more affluent, with increased air traffic and higher tourism rates, competition and activity become more intense within the industry. As such, to maintain a premium position and competitiveness within the aviation or wider industry services space, it's imperative that innovation is given more emphasis and placed as a key factor in the organisation's consistent growth in top line and bottom line. Hence, our client is currently looking for a Strategic Innovation Manager to drive idea generation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Strategic Innovation Manager would manage a sustainable and progressive business through idea generation, and in charge of securing funding and grants from government bodies, airlines and airport groups.
You will also be up to the challenge of:
- Work in parallel with the business strategy and goals that are set by the leadership team, and develop the innovation strategy which would drive the business forward
- Setting up the standard innovation process identification, operations and reporting frameworks for the company, ensuring all departments follow through with them
- Assist in financial analysis and business case analysis which will support decision making on innovation concepts
- Internal and external stakeholder management is crucial to ensure the smooth collaboration with project leads and the delivery of the innovation processes
- Be on top of all contract negotiation pertaining to innovation deliverables and commitments
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or a relevant field
- 8 years' or more experience in an innovation or product (or service) development function within a B2B environment, preferably within the wider aviation industry
- Familiarity with the Singapore landscape and the available grants available
- Strong communicator and presenter who would be able to deliver ideas and recommendations in a clear, succinct manner
- Strong stakeholder management with senior contacts within the organisation, as well as external innovation bodies or government-linked associations
- Hands-on and independent individual who would be proactive rather than solely reactive to leads and changes available in the industry
What's on Offer
This role is for candidates who thrive on solving complex challenges around the aviation services industry. An out-of-the-box thinker who has had experiences in a large MNC would excel at this role as it requires a balance between creativity and a structured way of working. If the candidate performs well at this role, the opportunities that lies ahead can be limitless as the role reports to a senior leadership function, and would also be working with other stakeholders within the firm.