Strategic Business Development Director - Manufacturing
Highly exposed to Senior Leadership team
Spearhead both organic & inorganic growth
About Our Client
Our client is a globally renowned player in the Industrial Manufacturing sector and is one of the significant players in the packaging space. They are currently invested in industries across a wide range of sectors including food and beverages, retail, chemicals, petrochemical, construction, pharmaceutical, health care and more. Singapore is a key location where strategic decisions are derived from through due diligences, and market feasibility studies. As part of their long-term growth strategy, they would be looking at both organic and inorganic growth which comprises a good balance of key account management as well as M&A / JVs or other strategic investments. Hence, they are looking to hire a commercial leader with both a balanced experience in both organic direct sales and marketing experience as well as succinct strategic investments / M&A experience to drive greenfield investments.
Reporting to the General Manager of the SEA region, this role will face rewarding career opportunities and exposure. You will play an active role in helping with strategically important decisions when it comes to business planning, annual goal setting, and investment opportunities. Along these, comes with varied challenges which are not limited to the following:
- Drive key account sales and profit growth, while maintaining a balance against necessary strategic moves on M&A investments to strengthen and maintain their position
- Work with the leadership team regionally on corporate strategic planning so as to achieve growth improvement targets, and aligning them to the overall company strategy
- Stay on top of opportunities, competition, and updates on market regulations
- Collaborate with the leadership team and country leadership members in yearly goal setting process
- Continuous evaluation of current commercial activities to identify areas of strengths and assess the gaps that should be closed to meet the demands of current sales as well as future growth
- Drive M&A, growth and investment plans, while working closely with the internal business units
- Recommend Go-To-Market decisions through a thorough business planning approach (research and analysis on market economics, competitive data)
- Lead the firm's mid to long-term strategic growth plans and analysing greenfield investments.
The Successful Applicant
- Top academic qualification like an MBA, MSc or equivalent
- 8 years or more of corporate strategy experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of having worked driving commercial revenue as well as strategic investments such as through a M&A, JV / divestment projects in Asia (with focus in markets like India, Japan, South Korea and ANZ region)
- 5 years in a commercial role - marketing, sales, or business development
- Flexibility to travel
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Our client, a market leading organization has a strong culture of hiring and grooming technical individuals with a strong strategic mindset and commercial acumen. In this role with a direct regional and indirect global influence, they are looking for an individual that has a strong aspiration to be in a firm that has consistently maintained a top tier brand position.