Speciality Valve Sales Manager APAC
Experience of technical sales across SEA/ APAC?
Exp in Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas sectors?
About Our Client
BS&B Safety Systems is a privately owned company that designs, manufactures and supplies specialty valves, safety valves, rupture disks, safety heads, explosion vents/panels, sensors and monitors. They also offer engineering, manufacturing, and technical support services to their customers who are across a range of sectors including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power Generation, Transportation, Medical and Food and Beverage.
BS&B products are designed to protect personnel, equipment and the environment from the dangers of over-pressure. Buckling pin devices combine the accuracy of a rupture disk with fast and easy field reset, which dramatically reduces plant downtime.
BS&B Safety Systems was founded in 1931 and has locations in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, the UK, the Russian Federation, the UAE, Brazil, Singapore, S Korea, Japan, China, and India. Globally the business employees around 600 employees and there are currently 9 manufacturing facilities.
There are currently 10 people working in their Singapore office and this includes inside and outside sales force for APAC. BS&B have had an office in Singapore for more than 20 years.
This role reports to the Global Business Development Manager who is based in the US. The objective of the Speciality Valve Sales Manager APAC is to identify and close sales opportunities within Singapore, SEA and also across the wider APAC region. This will be achieved by nurturing existing BS&B customers and market relationships whilst also looking for new business development opportunities.
Responsibilities for the Specialty Valve Sales Manager APAC will include:
- Developing business and increasing market share by identifying and securing new business as well as servicing the needs of existing customers in order to maximise revenue potential
- Ensuring that BS&B are specified in the FEED stage of projects to ensure competitive advantage at EPC phase
- Co-ordinating project sales activities, promoting BS&B product range, producing reliable forecasts and delivering sales revenue and profit budgets
- Developing and managing key client relationships through regular visits to ensure strong understanding of client business and promote awareness of BS&B products
- Tender preparation, quoting, service delivery and working with the global team to deliver solutions to customers
- Reporting on external market conditions and competitor activity
The Successful Applicant
For the Specialty Valve Sales Manager APAC role you must be:
- Driven, autonomous, self-motivated technical sales professional - hungry to succeed
- Passionate about building relationships with customers and increasing sales
- Pride yourself on delivering exceptional customer service
- Tenacious, dynamic and high energy individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercially astute and with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Competent at negotiating and closing business
- Willing to travel up to 50% at certain times in the year
Requirements for the Specialty Valve Sales Manager APAC include:
- Minimum 3 years in a B2B engineering sales environment
- Ideally a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree with strong technical knowledge
- Strong track record of delivering sales targets in the offshore Oil & Gas industry
- Effective at developing direct relationships with design consultants, engineering contractors and major energy clients
- Experience of international O&G market and regional sales exposure
What's on Offer
- An attractive package inclusive of a competitive fixed basic salary and a performance related bonus and commission structure
- Opportunity to join a global business and be a key contributor to future growth and success in the region
- A supportive and driven leadership team who have been in the company for 10+ years providing a strong platform for your future development
- The company takes great pride in providing their staff with an excellent working environment and the positive / cohesive culture across the organisation