Sourcing Manager (NPI)
Cross Functional Leadership role
NPI project management
About Our Client
Our Client is a prominent American MNC that is a market leader in the automation and IT, with a large global footprint in over 60 countries. With over 5 million revenue, they are constantly driving process improvements and strategic sourcing. They are currently looking for a Sourcing Manager with NPI focus to assistance and contribute to their business.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of strategic sourcing, the majority of your responsibilities will involve in NPI (New product introduction) sourcing and to drive process improvement and project management. This is a cross-functional leadership role which requires minimum travelling (20%). Company located in the west of Singapore.
Your responsibilities include:
- With global strategy in mind, drive NPI sourcing and Industrialisation process improvements activities
- Networking and building relationship other teams involved in the NPI process
- To define sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost savings that are in alignment with the company's objectives
- Reduce product risk with good sourcing strategy.
- Complete the Supply chain assessment and drives product development processes
- Review and evaluate suppliers & vendors to ensure satisfactory performance is achieved
- Train and develop direct reports, developing them to their full potential, keeping Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology in scope.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain or equivalent technical discipline
- Min 7 years of related working experience in supply chain, project management or operations
- Good track record of project management skill and demonstrate ability to manage schedule
- Possess excellent communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders
- Advanced understanding of sourcing, procurement, MRP, inventory, logistics and production principles
- Strong team leader who is efficient and a mentor to the team
- High energy and driven for improvement opportunities
- Good knowledge and use of data management applications (i.e. MS Office)
What's on Offer
Excellent career development opportunities in a leadership role with a market-leading MNC. Good working environment to showcase your project management and sourcing ability and the company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.