Site Buyer for Raw Materials - Chemical Company
Procure and Source for Plant
Experience sourcing for Chemicals
About Our Client
Our Client is European chemical company with more than 25,000 employees globally. They believe in bringing together technology to better improve themselves. With the increasing demand and new product innovations, they are currently looking for a Site Buyer to support with their current growth.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be accountable for the sourcing and procurement of chemicals (raw materials) for the site in Singapore.
- Source and purchase raw materials for their Singapore plant.
- Manage the end-to-end procurement process for the specified raw materials.
- Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management for the supplier base in Singapore.
- Implement and provide creative sourcing strategies that are in-line with business requirements.
- Streamline current processes and identify gaps within the business to facilitate further growth.
- Interact and work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and propose solutions to increase efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Supply Chain or equivalent related studies and you must have 4-5 years of experience purchasing for raw materials in a Chemical/Petrochemical/Flavours or Pharmaceutical industry. Experience purchasing chemicals is necessary as that is the bulk of the role. A dynamic and confident personality will be required as this role requires you to interact and influence with both internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be in a stable organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. You will have great autonomy in your work as well as a chance to travel overseas. This is an opportunity to work with a global brand that is experiencing significant growth globally with excellent salary, bonus and other benefits.