- Develop commercially viable ESG data
- Become a thought leader on green infrastructure
About Our Client
Our client is a thought leader on infrastructure asset allocation and investment performance. They produce impartial research and performance benchmarks that aim to improve transparency and efficiency for investors in infrastructure. Singapore is their regional headquarters and operate with a lean yet seasoned analytics team. One of the most ambitious projects they are driving focuses on creating commercially viable ESG datasets for the use of their clients. The research covers topics such as decarbonization and climate change mitigation. They aim to be market leaders in development of sustainability risk and sustainability impact exposure metrics for infrastructure assets. Their clients are prestigious pension funds, endowment funds, sovereign wealth funds and regulators globally.
In line with this team's growth, they are looking to hire a Senior Sustainability Data Scientist.
Reporting to Project Director for ESG, Senior Sustainability Data Scientist drives creation of ESG exposure metrics for infrastructure assets using quantitative methods. This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Lead green infrastructure research using AI solutions and quantitative methods
- Be the subject matter expert on climate impact measurement, ESG-related estimations
- On a need basis, work with Portfolio Managers, CIOs on client side to provide recommendations on statistical modeling and create access to a worldwide reference database of ESG impact
- Lead work on financial publications
- Build, validate and update complex data models
- Partner with academic labs and industry groups
The Successful Applicant
- PHD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Financial Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Six years or more in data science, quantitative analysis within energy, technology, or finance
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Excellent understanding and ongoing learning of Data Science and Machine Learning frameworks, tools, and algorithms, both for regression and classification problems
- Passion for topics like carbon emission analysis, ESG & climate change related risk in infrastructure
- Experience working with spatial data, GIS is highly desirable
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading research organization, offers you the chance to partner with some of the largest asset managers and pension funds in the world. This is a fantastic chance for you to shape the future of ESG research and work on topics such as decarbonization.
Candidates coming from academic research roles will find this a good fit if they're looking to move to a highly autonomous, lean environment. The role is based in central Singapore and offers excellent healthcare coverage and a competitive salary package.