Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
People-facing position with excellent opportunities for career progression
High-caliber individual with strong motivation and adaptability
About Our Client
Equipment manufacturer for Semiconductor industry
- Responsible for detecting, investigating, leading and driving down complex supplier issues surrounding the build and installation of complex electro-mechanical capital equipment.
- Support in Supplier Development programs and audits that drive quality ownership into the supply base
- Interface and manage Japanese speaking suppliers
- Develop and deploy supplier management and continuous improvement programs
- Review Incoming quality inspection metrology including first Article inspection and prepare a plan to minimize inspections by augmenting supplier responsibilities and capabilities
- Resolve production (line fallout) / field complaints/escalation on material quality issues including Failure analysis and issuing SCAR (8D)
- Verification & ensure closure of all supplier issues including Corrective and Preventive actions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Applied Science or its equivalent with 5 to 10 years relevant experience
- Experience interacting with suppliers at a detailed engineering level
- Extensive success with 8D problem solving methodology
- Proficient in Statistical Methods
- Ability to analyse large data sets with Business Objects (or similar tool) to extract trends and pinpoint data patterns
- Ability to use JMP statistical software or a similar tool
- Knowledge in supplier quality management. Candidates with prior audit experience would have an advantage
- Experience in high mix low volume manufacturing processes in machining, casting, precision metal stamping and fabrication
- Ability to work across cultural barriers
What's on Offer
- This people-oriented position provides excellent opportunities for you to develop and nourish your interpersonal and liaison skills.