Senior Strategic Procurement Manager for Bulk Chemicals
Experience in bulk chemical purchase
Experience in strategic procurement within a manufacturing setup
About Our Client
Our client has been in the procurement consultancy business for more than 50 years. They are looking for a Senior Strategic Procurement Manager for one of their clients in the Energy Resources industry.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Procurement, the role involves managing the procurement and sourcing of 15 types of chemicals to support their plants in China and Indonesia.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the procurement of bulk chemicals for the plants.
- Identify cost savings for commodities.
- Manage price negotiation and identifying new suppliers with regular market studies on the commodities.
- 40% travel to the various plant sites - China & Indonesia.
- Identify new suppliers/vendors and implement strategies to further bring down the cost of procurement.
The Successful Applicant
To excel in this role you should have more than 15 years of strategic procurement handling chemicals within a manufacturing setup. You should have strong negotiation skills and take ownership of the role like it's your own business. You should be creative in coming out with ideas to further cut down cost and have experience working with plants in China and Indonesia. You should also be comfortable with 40% of travelling as this role requires you to travel regularly to China and Indonesia.
What's on Offer
You will be in a company that is growing and expanding. As such they have great employee benefits.