Senior Research Analyst - ESG / Infrastructure
Leading infrastructure investment research firm
Global portfolio and scope
About Our Client
Our client is a thought leader on infrastructure investment performance and asset allocation. They produce impartial research and performance benchmarks that aim to improve transparency and efficiency for investors in infrastructure. They have a regional HQ in Singapore and a strong data analyticsteam based here. As part of their key strategic direction for academic research and its 'make an impact' philosophy, they are developing a research focus on decarbonization and climate change mitigation. On the client side, they worked with some of the most prestigious pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and regulators globally.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director - APAC, the Senior Research Analyst - ESG / Infrastructure drives development of research programs linked to impact of ESG on infrastructure asset allocation.
This role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Initiate research projects and be accountable for delivery of such work
- Be the subject matter expert on environmental issues and their relevance in the infrastructure sector and policy
- Manage and build the careers of the research team
- Develop strong stakeholders within academic labs and industry groups
- Be the first point of contact for buy-side clients on advising them on topics like asset allocation
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you have:
- PHD or Masters in Economics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or a relevant scientific discipline
- 12 years or more in a research heavy role, either in an academic background or client side
- Minimum 5 years in managing a team of 5-10 headcounts
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Present research findings at global industry conferences
- Strong passion for using data to influence investment decisions and working with latest data management tools
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading research powerhouse, offers you the chance to partner with some of the largest asset managers and pension funds in the world. This is a fantastic chance for you to have a career path to a Regional Director role in the next 3 years. The role is based in central Singapore and offers excellent healthcare coverage and a competitive salary package.