Senior Procurement Manager - Services / Indirects / Consumables
Newly Create Procurement Team
Coverage across Singapore and Malaysia
About Our Client
Our client is a global services organisation - they have grown significantly over the past 40 years via both acquisition and pushing into new markets. This significant growth has delivered key revenue and profit results without the initial establishment of a central procurement function. They have since established a Global and then Asia procurement function - now they are creating their central function for the Singapore and Malaysia regions.
Develop and implement the procurement function vision and strategy for this market whilst managing a team of 2-3 Procurement professionals.
Establish key relationships with internal stakeholders including CFOs, CEO, Country Heads and GMs. This business is quite complex with multiple revenue streams which will require you to engage with each of them with a tailored approach.
Define and Optimise Procurement and Contract strategies.
Liaise with both the 'Global' procurement division (based in Europe) and the 'Asia' procurement division (based in HK and SG). You will need to draw down on both their standardise procurement practices and implement those into your region.
Leverage from 'Global' and 'Asia' agreements/contracts. Your role will also on-board suppliers from these divisions.
The Successful Applicant
You will have managed a team for approximate 5 years - with this experience you will be able to take the reins over the incumbent team and stretch them to new levels whilst working through change management scenarios.
- The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Business, Supply Chain, Operations or relevant disciplines
- This position will require you to communicate in English to people from various backgrounds, including Singaporean, Malaysian, Chinese, European, American and English (to name a few)
- You will ideal category management experience at least across two of the following;
- Services (temporary labour, sub-contractors, cleaners, security, etc.)
- Corporate indirects (travel, marketing, printers, etc.)
- Consumables (chemicals, plastics gloves, uniforms, etc.)
What's on Offer
This opportunity will provide the successful applicant professional development plans, attractive remuneration and variable bonus. This position will also require you to spend 25 to 35 days a year outside of Singapore.