- New Headcount
- Vice chair of the investment committee and member of Management Committee
About Our Client
Our client is an independent investment manager from Europe. They are expanding their operations in Asia and strengthening the team with the following new hire: Senior Portfolio Manager - Public Markets. The role will report to the Head of Asia with a dotted line to the Global Head of Public Markets. This is a new, expansion headcount.
The main purpose of the role is to drive all liquid assets' investment activities with a special focus on management of a discretionary Asian equity strategy and an advisory Strategic Equity Investments strategy.
Main responsibilities for you include:
- Team management: lead the Markets ('liquid assets') team in Asia, including structuring of the PM team and analysts besides creating an inspiring culture of open communication
- Strategic leadership: Elaborate a macro and micro economic picture for Asian economies with the ambition to construct a regional and sector active allocation.
- Portfolio management: manage investment allocations, aimed at generating alpha over a given Asian equity benchmark (MSCI Asia ex-JP)
- Oversee trading: oversee the trading activity related to Strategic Equity Investment in line with client instructions under the advisory mandates
- Market & credit risk: point of contact for Directors and Regulators for the related liquid investment activities
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this role, you have:
- Master's Degree or MBA in Finance or a relevant discipline from a top institution
- Fifteen years or more in portfolio management, with at least 5 years as a senior portfolio manager
- Ability to design and implement an institutional investment process for an Asian equity portfolio
- Proven track record of alpha generation in Asian equity portfolio/fund management through the economic cycles
- Experienced in managing a team of investment professionals
- Open minded, ready to take proactive responsibility and accountability on all aspects of the role
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Our client, a leading private investment manager, is looking to hire this newly created headcount in Singapore. The firm has an excellent culture and a highly autonomous work environment, so we need someone who is highly independent.