(Senior) Manufacturing Process Engineer
Established MNC organization.
Good team collaboration culture and flexible working hour.
About Our Client
My client is a US laser giant and world's leading photonics manufacturers, offering unique industrial and fiber laser solutions to global market and various industries covering medical device, semiconductor, aerospace, military & defence etc.
- With R&D or hands-on manufacturing knowledge in industrial optical systems/ laser photonics/ fiber optics communication, device strategy to manage manufacturing process and cost-planning to increase productivity.
- Provide technical support to production line including cleanroom, sub-assembly, optical build and laser final test assembly to ensure product quality is in place and manufacturing process is effective.
- Work closely with cross-function team (R&D, Quality, Supply Chain etc) to resolve technical issues associated with equipment components, assemblies system or design related issues.
- Monitor production performance by reviewing daily SPC charts for any abnormalities and provide corrective action plans to resolve the problem.
- Continuously improve current production methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, quality control standards (SPC) and warranty metrics.
- Estimate manufacturing cost, maintain the quality, reliability and cycle time, and make recommendation for tooling and process requirement for new or existing product lines.
- With strong statistical problem solving skill, such as DMAIC/ Poka Yoke, ensure process line equipment's daily uptime, including achieving hardware or software development solutions, product and process cost-reductions and value engineering.
- Perform continuous improvement project to optimize the process maintenance cost and achieve optimism Cp/Cpk.
- Use DOE to optimize process recipe to improve process margin and reliability.
- Familiar with production WIP management and focusing on bottleneck tools to achieve output.
The Successful Applicant
- PhD/ Masters/ Degree Engineering holder with minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment, familiar with manufacturing and process methodologies.
- Knowledge in laser photonics / industrial optical systems or fiber optics communication are encouraged to apply for this position. Candidate from semiconductor, aerospace or precision engineering are may consider this role.
- Good understanding of Poka Yoke, Six-Sigma DMAIC approach, DOE, SPC, FMEA, Fishbone etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Opportunities to participate in company-wide projects to improve productivity and automation of work processes