Senior Manufacturing Engineer
US MNC company with cutting edge technology.
Stable company with flexible working hour.
About Our Client
My client is a US laser giant and world's leading photonics manufacturers, offering unique industrial and fiber laser solutions to global market and various industries covering medical device, semiconductor, aerospace, military & defence etc.
- Provide technical support to production line including cleanroom, sub-assembly, optical build and laser final test assembly to ensure product quality is in place and manufacturing process is effective.
- Work with quality, reliability, and supply chain teams to improve product performance.
- Work closely with cross-function team (R&D, Quality, Supply Chain etc) to resolve technical issues associated with equipment components, assemblies system or design related issues.
- Work closely with cross-function team to ensure equipment's daily uptime, including achieving product and process cost-reductions and value engineering.
Monitor production performance by reviewing daily SPC charts for any abnormalities and provide corrective action plans to resolve the problem.
- Maintain the quality, reliability and cycle time standards of current laser build process.
- Continuously improve current production methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, quality control standards (SPC) and warranty metrics.
- Innovate and develop SOP to ensure engineering change orders are captured to ensure smooth transition of information at manufacturing floor.
- Liaise with vendors and integration team in selecting methods/techniques and evaluation criteria in obtaining result.
- Perform continuous improvement project to optimize the process maintenance cost and achieve optimism Cp/Cpk.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
The Successful Applicant
- Required Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering holder, familiarity with electronics and optical components.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment, familiar with manufacturing and process methodologies and comfortable working in a cleanroom environment.
- Experience in photonics devices or systems-related field such as laser systems, optics and photonics components is a plus.
- Good understanding of Poka Yoke, Six-Sigma DMAIC approach, DOE, SPC, FMEA, Fishbone etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Exciting opportunity to horn your manufacturing and process skill.