- High visible role to senior management
- Career progression for high performing individuals
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturing leader within the plastics and petrochemical industry. They are built upon a solid foundation of technologies that is has been improved through numerous rounds of innovation across the past 40 years. Their presence spans across 50 countries and its products and services cuts across multiple industries that includes government water systems, telecommunication, healthcare, energy and power and more. As part of its growth and expansion plans, they have promoted the incumbent to an even senior role and is looking for their next in line. Therefore, Michael Page has been engaged to identify a high potential individual who has the capability to progress into even more senior positions following success of this role as a Senior Market Intelligence Manager.
As the Senior Manager, Market Intelligence, you are to drive all aspects of market analysis and competitor analysis for the team. You would be responsible for being at the top of all trends and changes pertaining to polyolefins. In this role, you will also work closely with the strategy team as well as the market intelligence team.
You will also be challenged to the following:
- Develop a systematic approach to track competitor movements and trends in order to analyse market outlook, changes in pricing, as well as how different regions and countries react
- Develop insights through both primary and secondary sources of information
- Create short term and long term market outlook based on historical data and trends
- Suggest price points for all product components factoring timing, location, quantity and application, based on a thorough an analytical study and detailed forecasting
- Hold a project management framework, and work as a team, being flexible to take lead and initiative of additional requirements that may arise
- Be a liaison between internal stakeholders coming from different business units, and sharing insights through discussions and/ presentations
The Successful Applicant
- Excellence academic qualification in Business, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or a related field
- Petrochemical experience within a manufacturer or market research and analyst work with a chemical reporting company or consulting firm
- Experience and knowledge in the olefins and polyolefins market
- 10 or more years' experience in a commercial sales and marketing role, business development or consulting
- At least 7 years' relevant experience in market intelligence or market research focusing on liquid chemicals
- Strong communicator to deliver ideas effectively using Microsoft PowerPoint or any other tools during internal meetings or external client engagements
- Cultural awareness to region specific practices and behaviours
What's on Offer
The role offers the individual an opportunity to take the lead in competitor intelligence and market intelligence. As this role is also open to candidates from petrochemical reporting firms, it offers the opportunity to move to the production angle and impact the company directly. This role will also offer the opportunity for future growth within the team, or across the other business units.