Senior Investment Officer - Private Equity
Independent Investment Manager
Lead for China, India, ASEAN investments
About Our Client
Our client is an independent investment manager, managing institutional sized private assets. They have been active in the global markets for over 15 years, operating with a lean yet highly professional team that is investing in public equities, currency markets, derivatives, hedge funds and private investments. Using prime technology, the company is highly efficient and positions itself among the best private asset managers.
Owing to the increased focus in Asian markets, they are looking to hire a Senior Investment Officer for Private Equity.
In the fields of Private Equity funds and co-investments, the Senior Investment Officer identifies, analyses and proposes investment opportunities, runs investment processes and monitors the invested portfolio, reporting to the Head of Asia in Singapore.
Accountability is part of the Senior Investment Officer's responsibility. Being proactive and innovative, the Senior Investment Officer is expected to be highly reliable, promote excellence across the company and consider the company's reputation at all times. Being a team player, the Senior Investment Officer contributes to the team and overall company results.
- Proactively contribute to new investment ideas through systematic analysis of PE markets and identifying trends addressable through and affecting PE investments
- Lead sourcing and research for PE funds and co-investments opportunities, with a focus on China, India & ASEAN
- Conduct due diligence including investment analysis, compose investment memos and IC presentations, manage investment subscriptions
- Contribute to the business aspect of legal review
- Monitor cash flows and performance of existing PE investments and analyse their risks, analyse and propose divestment if appropriate
- Manage secondary buy or sell processes
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of transactions; in addition, market research, portfolio management and project work
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years in a relevant role in the PE industry
- Excellent academic qualifications. CFA or CAIA would be preferred
- Excellent knowledge of PE landscape in Asia and expertise in investment analysis
- Expertise in investment valuation, modelling and prior experience in investment transactions, M&A
- Prior experience in co-investing in China, India and ASEAN
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research and synthesize results
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Besides being a good team-player, candidates should also demonstrate maturity, integrity and possess the ability to interact and network with investors
- Adaptable and positive attitude
What's on Offer
Our client offers a chance to be part of a large independent investment manager, in a role that will lead co-investments in China, India & ASEAN. This is an excellent role for someone looking for a role with high visibility and impact.