Senior Investment Officer, Hedge Funds
Newly created role and headcount
Lead team, family office environment
About Our Client
Our client is a European independent investment manager, managing institutional sized private assets. They have been active in the global markets for over 15 years, operating with a lean yet highly professional team that is investing in classic markets, currency management, derivatives, hedge funds and private investments. Using prime technology, the company is highly efficient and positions itself among the best private asset managers.
Owing to the increased focus in Asian markets (China, India, ASEAN), they are looking to hire a Senior Investment Officer, Hedge Funds.
The Hedge Fund of Funds team constructs and manages portfolios of hedge funds and portable alpha solutions. The Hedge Fund of Funds group manages in excess of a billion USD of hedge fund investments and operates with a lead team globally. It has offices in New York, Switzerland and Singapore.
The candidate will report directly to the Head of Asia Pacific (CIO, APAC). The successful candidate will play a key role in all phases of the investment process.
- Conduct systematic research and analysis of hedge funds globally
- Lead the investment process by evaluating risk premia products
- Drive due diligence including investment analysis, composing investment memos and IC presentations
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of transactions; in addition, market research, portfolio management and project work
- Participate in meetings with senior leadership at hedge funds and targeted companies
The Successful Applicant
- Masters' Degree with at least 8 years in manager due diligence with a preference towards systematic strategies
- CFA or CAIA would be preferred
- Expertise in derivatives strategy, valuation and security analysis is desirable
- Genuine enthusiasm for financial markets, macroeconomics, and alternatives investing
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research and present to the CIO office
- Besides being a good team-player, candidates should also demonstrate maturity, integrity and possess the ability to interact and network with investors
- Challenge and accept change constructively
What's on Offer
The Hedge Fund of Funds team is seeking an individual who will be responsible for sourcing and monitoring systematic hedge fund managers and risk premia products. Other hedge fund strategies considered by the team include long/short equity, event-driven, discretionary macro and various arbitrage or relative value strategies. The role offers high visibility and a global influence in the investment team.