- Leading Energy Firm
- Regional Role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading player in the energy sector and has got a strong presence within Asia and Europe.
Principal function of the job
- Closing of accounts which include timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules.
- Mthly, qtrly, yearly Cognos Submission to Group (includes SAP numbers and necessary financial statement disclosures)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare & post/upload journal entries into SAP and to Cognos for consolidation
- Liaise with various department on accruals for revenue and costs and review existing provisions in the book
- Prepare monthly audit schedules and clear balance sheet items
- Complete SAP Open item clearing and update of assignments within the month
- Bank reconciliation
- Liaise with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to clear outstanding items for E-Bank reconciliation.
- Daily PATMI updates
- Assist in preparation of yearly financial statements
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Diploma in accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 years of prior experience in General Ledger with knowledge in
- SAP (preferred) or other similar ERP system
- Cognos (will be an advantage)
Skills/competencies & Preferred Characteristics
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and resourceful, with strong problem solving and execution capability
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, meeting tight deadlines
- Team player who can work independently
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
What's on Offer
This opportunity is with a very well-established firm here in Singapore that offers a competitive salary and a strong set of development opportunities.