Senior Equities Analyst, Buy-Side
Portfolio in excess of a billion USD
About Our Client
Our client is an independent investment manager, managing institutional sized assets. They have been active in the global markets for over 15 years, operating with a lean yet highly professional team that is investing in public equities, currency markets, derivatives, hedge funds and private investments. Using prime technology, the company is highly efficient and positions itself among the best private asset managers.
Due to an internal relocation, they are looking to hire a Senior Equities Analyst, Public Markets.
This role analyses, monitors, reports on the current positions in global markets. In addition, this role will help with selection of new opportunities. In coordination with the CIO & team, the successful candidate will run and monitor investment portfolios.
- Lead systematic research and analysis of public markets and industry trends
- Manage an existing set of positions, in excess of a billion USD and mostly across US and European public markets
- Regulatory reporting is key element of this role
- Drive due diligence including investment analysis, compose investment memos and IC presentations, manage investment subscriptions
- Participate in meetings with senior leadership at portfolio companies
- Networking with advisors in the region and sell-side analysts
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent academic qualifications with at least 5 years in top sell-side firm or a comparable buy-side business
- CFA would be preferred
- Expertise in equity research across manufacturing, engineering, industrial automation sectors
- Prior experience of researching on US, European markets will be advantageous
- 1-2 years of trade execution experience
- Besides being a good team-player, candidates should also demonstrate maturity, integrity and possess the ability to interact and network with investors
- Openness to frequent travel across US, Europe & Asia
What's on Offer
Our client, leading buy-side firm, offers an opportunity to be in a highly autonomous environment and manage a global portfolio. This is a Singapore based role and we are looking for someone who has a strong research background. Compensation and benefits will be competitive.
If you are looking for a portfolio management role or team management, this role will not be the right fit.