- New role, establishing HQ in Singapore
- Exciting growth oriented firm
About Our Client
Our client is a successful and renowned player in the CPG space. With operations in close to fifty countries and a huge retail presence, they aim to deliver 4x growth in the next five years. Over the last few decades, they have built an enviable brand and are looking to capitalize by strengthening their in-house insights and strategy capability. The Senior Director, Insights & Strategy role will be pivotal in influencing top level commercial marketing, retail and product decisions. One of the key responsibilities for the role is to hire and train a team of consumer insights professionals.
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer ('CMO'), this role delivers insights and local knowledge based on data and business intelligence. Marketing automation, engagement programs, agency relationships, data strategy are all core pillars of this role. Your cross functional stakeholders will be across operations, finance and IT.
This is a critical role and will be measured on the following criteria:
- Research and Customer Insights - be the voice of customer, using internal and external data sources
- Programmatic strategy - lead program of work that includes cross-sell/upsell opportunities using data intelligence
- Team management - as the leader for the insights team, you will be accountable for efficiency and progression
- Establish strong analytics community at the in-country and global level
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships across segment and business groups
- Be the subject matter expert on strategy for digital and engine optimization (though this function is managed by the Director for Digital)
The Successful Applicant
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business or a relevant discipline
- Ten or more years in marketing analytics, consumer insights in the CPG / FMCG space or if you're coming from a consulting background, then you must have experience in managing CPG clients
- Experience in hiring and managing a team of consumer insights professionals
- Ideally, you have experience heading up the consumer insights analytics department at an APAC or Global level
- Expertise in marketing automation tools, BI reporting and SAS marketing solutions
- Passion for using data to influence marketing decisions
- Flexible attitude, ability to work with limited resources and ambiguity as the firm continues to grow
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity for someone who is looking for a business that is challenging, highly bottom-line driven and offers a chance to lead a global consumer insights team. If you are looking for a step up from a current 'head of insights' role and operate in a global capacity, this could be an excellent fit for you.