Senior Design Manager (Retail)
Regional Experienced Design Leader for Mall Development across Vietnam
International retail real estate market leader in Asia
About Our Client
The Client is an international conglomerate focusing in retail, hospitality and restaurants. They are among the top retail developer in Vietnam and Asia.
The Senior Design Manager will be reporting to Head of Property Development and manage a team of junior architects/designers.
He/she shall serve as primary resource to Head of Property Development on all project related issues and communicate Group requirements effectively with Project Team covering the following:
- Take full responsibility for the design implementation and execution for multiple new and renovation projects to meet budget, schedule and program objectives
- Review the conceptual design in term of buildability, maintenance and code compliance
- Continuously focus on delivering design excellence in all project works
- Lead and allocate necessary resources to address project needs
- Appraisal and recommendation for appointment of design consultants, contractors and coordination with Project Director and Procurement Director
- Coordinate with leasing team to address the tenant mix strategy and formulate marketing materials where necessary
- Work with Procurement Team to provide budget estimate for new development and monitor actual cost against estimates.
- Provide technical review approval for all payment claims and variation orders
- Lead Value Engineering exercise
- Assess code compliance of conceptual and detailed design and work with consultants and agencies to secure approvals required for the implementation of the project.
- Chair design workshops with the trade contractors and consultants and manage all deliverables related to design
- Attend/Chair project control group meeting with Project Director
- Work with Project Director in completion of project reporting
- Review architecture & planning design with project team members and hold approval responsibility for design, construction materials and shop drawings
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure design intent being met and quality to meet Group standard during construction stage
- Coordinate with all teams for successful launch
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate shall hold a relevant degree (Engineering, Architecture, etc) and reasonable professional experience in design management managing multiple projects, with exposure to retail/industrial/commercial/ mixed use projects. He/she shall be able to use AutoCAD, Adobe Document Management, Microsoft Project
He/she shall be highly organised and motivated; able to work in and lead a team as well as working alone; and have excellent English communication both verbally and writing.
Vietnamese language and Vietnam working experience will be advantageous. It is essential that the successful candidate thrive to learn and understanding the local codes of practice and culture to success in this role and this organisation.
Ideally it would be beneficial to have experience in projects across Design and Project Management and/or experience collaborating with other disciplines, have strong project financial management skill and working in regional assignments. The candidate shall be able to provide project strategy and manage project pipelines in alignment with Group strategy and planning.
What's on Offer
Working in a lean organisation, the position has direct report line to senior management and have autonomy to lead, allocate/recruit and delegate the team to deliver the projects. He/she will be working with an international team thriving to set the market leader best practice and achievement. The company offer attractive salary, high performance bonus scheme, additional insurance for family and opportunities to grow within the organisation.