Senior Compliance Director, (MLRO)
Financial Crimes Compliance
About Our Client
The client is a global bank with significant operations in Singapore.
- Driver for the bank's management of FCC risks including; AML, CFT, fraud, anti-bribery and sanctions compliance risks.
- Conducting investigations of unusual activities and filing of suspicious transaction reports
- Dealing closely with MAS on inspections and audits
- Working closely with bank management to implement appropriate internal FCC policies, procedures and controls.
- Advising and guiding a number of change projects and new product developments from FCC perspective.
- Reviewing and identifying changes in AML and sanctions regulations and assessing potential impact on existing policies/ procedures and developing and implementing changes to ensure compliance.
- Conducting periodic compliance reviews/ and checks/testing on a regular basis.
- Coordinating initiatives and projects with counterparts in Head Office, at group level and other locations in Asia.
- Responding to queries from MAS and auditors
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years of post-qualification experience in AML, CFT, Anti-bribery and Fraud Compliance, Risk Management or Audit work in the banking sector.
- Strong working knowledge of AML and sanctions regulations.
- Strong analytical and pragmatic problems solving skills.
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communicative skills sensitive to the needs of functional business units.
- Ability to lead on project and good working knowledge of Actimize and Mantas
What's on Offer
Strong career progression, as well as exposure to different projects and areas of compliance function. The successful candidate will lead a team of compliance professions and formulate strategies to improve the framework and compliance architecture. In the role this individual will have the chance to take ownership of projects as well as being a key member of the compliance decision making process.