- Established Manufacturing company
- Leading a regional team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading semiconductor and electronics manufacturer and solution provider with an extensive network and facilities globally. With a strong footprint in technology development, they take pride in providing the best service to their worldwide clients across many industries. They are currently looking for a Senior Commodity Manager to join their dynamic team to contribute to the business.
- Develop strategic commodity plans for electronics/ mechanical / electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, modules and parts
- Execute regional commodity strategies, programs and cost saving plans to support global activities and opportunities via supplier negotiations, value engineering, logistics optimization etc.
- Conduct RFQ/Make-Buy analysis and cost benchmarking
- Keep in line of the market trends, technology, suppliers' development, and new materials sources to improve on company's competitive edge.
- Strong understanding of contract law and involve in contract drafting for your products/services
- To source and qualify new suppliers to meet cost, quality, business goals and on time delivery
- Perform regular business reviews of the suppliers and build lasting relationship to ensure best quality and cost of product in line with business directions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business objectives and drive KPI, providing them with regular recommendations and commodity related updates
- Work closely with various teams and stakeholders for commodity related enquires, business priorities and encourage synergy and buy-in to support on programs/projects launched
- Providing support in resolving any supplier quality problems and risk mitigation, while improving supplier manufacturing and processes.
- Lead and oversee project management (NPI, process improvement initiatives etc)
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering or related field with at least 8 years of regional commodity management related experience
- Experience working in a semiconductor or similar industry
- Great communicator with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience and good negotiation skills
- Knowledge of SAP/Oracle
- Good knowledge of contract management and strong analytic mindset
What's on Offer
The prospect of joining this internationally renowned company presents an excellent opportunity for you to build strong career where you can groom your team and make significant contribution to the business. Our client is well known for placing strong emphasis on the employee training and development.