Senior Category Manager (APAC) - FMCG & Retail
Newly created, individual contributor role
Exciting growth opportunity
About Our Client
The global leader in marketing strategy consulting and data science delivers consistent results to its client base that mainly comprises of renowned brands and large established firms. Their clientele includes both renowned FMCG brands and retailers who have seen successes in terms of exceeding sales targets. The company has a strong global presence and where its growth is accelerating. Today, they are looking for a results-driven self-starter who aspires to work closely with the business and reputable clients, as well as contribute to the sales margin efficiently. This is a newly created role aligned to business objectives and will be part of their strategy and capability team for the Asia Pacific region.
Your category management KPIs surrounds strategy development, category assortment and layout optimisation. Coupled together with real or near-time sales analysis, these will allow clients to make strategic decisions concerning product assortment and merchandising in a tactful manner. All in all, your responsibilities will ensure category growth.
Other responsibilities include:
- Be the expert in category management for key accounts
- In-depth understanding of client requirements, followed by the development of the strategies and solutions targeted to develop a category management work-flow
- Identify and build convincing case studies and presentations
- Oversee quality reviews of category management delivery and measurement of added value
- Support the company's global effort at innovation and investment by updating the management with any market opportunities
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess all of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, where a Master's is an added advantage
- Experience in category management approaches in retail or FMCG
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with other teams
- Strong communicator for the delivery of ideas to both top management across the region
- Passion and solid interest for the retail and consumer products category
- Flexibility of travelling of up to 20% as this role will eventually become a regional role
What's on Offer
You will be part of an organisation that takes employee's welfare and career development sincerely. They provide a fantastic company culture and work environment where employee morale is kept high. You can also expect an attractive remuneration package provided along with performance bonus.