Senior Accountant / Assistant Manager - US MNC
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable US Listed MNC in the manufacturing and engineering space. The group has operation around the globe with Singapore being the APAC HQ.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager with the following responsibilities:
- Lead and coach a team of staffs (Accountants & Account Executives);
- direct monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes;
- collaborate with business operation on contract review, revenue recognition;
- maintain strong and effective internal controls in accounting and business processes;
- ensure all corporate, statutory/government reporting requirements are met;
- lead and manage the transactions team, driving functional excellence in accounting operations;
- drive process improvement within the team, and promote a positive mindset;
- work closely with counterparts in other regions on streamlining accounting processes;
- work closely with internal/external auditors on local statutory audits, SOX compliance, tax audits;
- be the point-of-contact for all accounting related matters with internal and external stakeholders including banks, auditors and other regulatory bodies;
- manage other ad-hoc regional level / group level projects.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates would be:
- Qualified CA or CPA with a minimum of 7 years of relevant commercial experience within an MNC.
- Familiar with USGAAP and IFRS reporting. Knowledge in China GAAP is a plus.
- User of ERP systems like SAP, Oracle or Epicor.
- Past experience in managing a team is key.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with different levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Independent and self-motivated. Ability to balance a hands-on role with decision making responsibilities as required of the position.
What's on Offer
The company offers:
- Stable work environment
- Opportunity to grow within the organisation
- A role with autonomy