- New role created in a start-up business with a solid backing
- Opportunity to hire, build a team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading EdTech to-be-unicorn that's launching across Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and other markets in South East Asia 'SEA' in the next six months. Founded 6 years ago, they have built a strong network of technical resources, customer support professionals that has helped consolidate its position as South Asia's largest online higher education brand. The organization raised $160m in their recent funding and is on track to grow their business 5x on FY'2020. As part of the phase two in their international expansion, they're investing in SEA, EMEA and North America. Singapore will be the SEA headquarters and a leadership team sitting in Singapore will drive their regional expansion. Starting with senior hires across sales and marketing, this team will drive their SEA go-to-market, user acquisition and partner engagement. One of the key hires as part of this phase is the newly created SEA Sales Director role and Michael Page is partnering them on a retained basis to hire this role.
The SEA Sales Director will report directly to the APAC CEO. The counterparts for this role will be the SEA Marketing Director and other functional leaders etc. The organization raised more than $100m in their recent round and is on track to grow their business 5x on FY'2020.
This is a critical role that requires the individual to be hands on as there only be 3-4 direct reports at the start. The focus will be sales funnel creation, tracking and revenue closure. The client wants to build a pull business that relies on a lean physical sales force. To that end, the role is to lead all sales efforts and:
- Attract, hire, and lead the inside sales and direct sales functions
- Grow top-line and drive the team towards overachieving on their targets
- Work with marketing to optimize acquisition cost
- Use data and CRM tools to effectively manage customer journey, to ensure great experience and referral network
- KPIs: Revenue and Cost of acquisition
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Masters' Degree in Business or another relevant discipline
- 8 or more years' in leading regional sales, SEA or APAC, with at least 4 years in a pure play B2C business with a heavy focus on user acquisition
- Experience of having led sales in an early stage tech start up would be ideal, with deal size ranging between USD 10k-50k
- Ability to build a strong direct salesforce and use CRM systems to drive revenue growth
- Analytical personality, with out of the box thinking
- Having hired and led teams of 4-8 in a lean, B2C environment
What's on Offer
This is a new role, created in start-up business that has a strong ambition and vision. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and a corresponding ability to take risks. You will lead the setup of the sales function in key markets and play a pivotal role in hiring and developing talent. The fixed compensation for this role will be in the range of SGD 150k - 200k, with possibility for variable pay and equity based on your relevant experience.