SEA Business Development Director (DCB)
In the senior commercial team
Publicly listed organisation
About Our Client
My client pride themselves in being agile, advocates of innovation and adopts technologies that are new to their industry. Headquartered in London with offices globally, they partner with Telcos, Merchants, OTT services, App stores to provide secure payment platforms through wallet integration and mobile payments. Enabling telco carriers to grow their digital revenues and global merchants' access to their consumers, their portfolio is the solution to customer acquisition, scale, regulation and intricacy.
In line with their ambition to increase their presence in the Asia region, they are looking to hire a strong Business Development Director (SEA) in the Direct Carrier Billing space, to identify untapped markets.
Reporting to the APAC VP, the Business Development Director (SEA) will be pivotal in their Mobile Payments business, with a focus on Telco and OTT merchants. Key responsibilities also include:
- Pitching their Direct Carrier Billing solutions to regional telco accounts and merchants (new and existing)
- Hunting for new business and driving lead generation
- Growing relationships with existing accounts to ensure continued partnership
- Managing sales processes end to end
- Being a regional expert on Payments and Direct Carrier Billing merchants, tools and services.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and sustainable growth
The Successful Applicant
This role is for a highly driven individual, performance focused, with strong relationship-building skills and foresight. The individual should also possess:
- 12+ years of successful business development with largo telco accounts in SEA
- Direct Carrier Billing experience in telco content partnerships (working in Telcos, OTT companies or payment providers)
- Vast C-level (e.g. CMOs, CDOs) network in the telco industry to clinch new deals
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record in pitching technical solutions to acquire new clients
- Creativity in negotiating complex partnership deals
- Ensure cost optimization and strict compliance across the SEA business
What's on Offer
Our client offers you an opportunity to be in an extremely innovative environment and autonomy to build a sales business within an established firm. It also offers boundless opportunities to work across regions with perfect opportunities to exercise creativity in your approach. If you are curious about new disruptive technologies, it will help you excel in this role.