Sales Manager - North Asia
Do you have experience of the silicates or catalysts industry?
Experience of managing customers or distribution partners in North Asia?
About Our Client
A leading global provider of specialty performance materials, chemicals and catalysts that are used in various industrial manufacturing processes, mining, welding, binders for mineral coating, food and beverage industries, water treatment, oil processing, adhesives, detergent and personal care products.
They manufacture from sites in Europe and Asia to various national, regional and global businesses worldwide. Customer focus and innovation are key focus areas and they maintain a strong central R&D operations as well as regionally-based technical service and sales teams. Their products are environmentally friendly and they work with total commitment to health and safety and the environment. Patented products and unique application know-how that enable environmental improvements and increases in manufacturing efficiency are what makes them the preferred choice for many leading players in these industries.
The Business Development Manager for North Asia will be responsible for finding, developing and managing distribution partners in the North Asia region. By successfully doing this you will achieve growth targets in both revenue and profit and be rewarded by the company with a significant sales bonus. This role reports into a Director based in Singapore who has been with the company for over 10 years and who will adopt a "hands off" and empowerment management style and who will allow the successful candidate the autonomy to develop their own sales strategy and make a great success of this role.
The Successful Applicant
The Business Development Manager for North Asia will meet the following criteria:
- Highly motivated, well organised and ability to work autonomously with 40-50% travel across APAC
- Experience in Chemical, Raw Materials or Performance Materials industry
- An experienced and dynamic individual with a strong track record of developing business within APAC - ideally some experience outside of SEA and ideally some previous experience within China
- Bachelor's degree or Advanced Diploma - preferably in chemical, engineering or science related subject
- Business-to-Business technical Sales experience - ideally mix of direct / channel sales
- 5+ years' experience in managing distributors / direct customers as knowledge of the market and key players is required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity for a technically proficient sales professional to join a business that helps their customers to maximise capability and efficiency by increasing throughput, improve quality and performance, conserve energy, improve safety and reduce their environmental impact.
You will be backed up with comprehensive technical support for optimal usage of products and to prepare and perform operational tests for customers / prospective customers.
The broad range of actual and possible applications is enormous - from welding work to being a performance additive in a diverse range of process manufacturing processes including cleaning agents, paint binders, adhesives and insulation products.