- Lead OEM relationships in SEA
- Manage a lean team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of components for the heavy automotive (buses, trucks, and fire engines) industry and have been in the market for more than 100 years. In South East Asia, their key business interests are across Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Indonesia while the production happens in Europe. The Sales Director (South East Asia) will drive new and existing customer & distributor relationships in the region.
The Sales Director (South East Asia) is responsible for driving direct and channel sales of components into heavy automotive OEMs, transport corporations and dealers. Besides, this role will be responsible for leading two headcounts, who cover technical support, and delivery and product management.
Reporting to the Managing Director, APAC (based outside of Singapore), this role is responsible for:
- Leading regional sales by bringing new OEM relationships to the group
- Managing existing distributor and direct relationships
- Building a strategic growth plan for the business
- Being the market expert on automotive components - solution sales
- Having a strong understanding of competitors in the industry and building a competitive edge
- Driving a good team culture with the existing and future team members
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or a related technical discipline
- 10 years or more in selling components to the heavy automotive (buses, trucks etc.) Asia Pacific
- Strong OEM, transport corporation and distributor relationships in the region
- Experience in driving double digital growth for a B2B sales business
- The role requires frequent overseas travel, once covid related restrictions are lifted
What's on Offer
Our client, a high-end manufacturing firm has a history of more than 100 years in making and selling parts for automotive OEMs. Despite the recent, challenging market conditions they have been investing in SEA and want to acquire more market share. With their origins in Europe, they have enjoyed a reputable brand recognition and are looking for someone who will be a true brand ambassador.
The remuneration for this role and benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market and linked to the top-line and bottom-line growth. This is a hands-on sales role, so we are not looking for candidates who are seeking only management roles.