Sales Director - Insurance industry
Sales Director for a global leading insurance provider
A true new business development and team leadership role
About Our Client
Our client is a multifaceted organisation with a strong commitment to quality focus in all the products and services that they offer to clients and customers. They have global operations and are industry leadership in their specialist areas. This role works within the insurance division, particularly focused on the GI area and in particular Corporate and Commercial segments
Managing a sales team and working with the support and expertise provided by the wider teams, namely Broking, Speciality and Client Service, you will be responsible for driving sales across predominantly corporate clients.
This role is focused on the generation of "new" business and market growth, and you will be hands on in actively searching for new clients by developing leads through social platforms, cold calls, follow up on direct marketing, attend networking events and convert leads to sales opportunities.
Executing Local Market Plans and developing a pipeline of opportunities in the Corporate and Commercial business segment, you will have full responsibility for converting those prospects to clients.
This is an all encompassing sales role, where you will be leading from the front and be out in the market generating new clients and sales.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a strong business developer with a genuine hunter mentality looking to move to a market leader where you will have a long term and supported career.
- Experience in sales within the insurance sector is essential, or a strongly related industry
- Ideally experience in GI or commercial insurance would be beneficial
- Experience in the Singapore market is essential as this role will be responsible for the team and business in Singapore
- Experience of people leadership is required
- A proactive and hands on approach to your work, and leadership
- Ability to prove sales achievements and generation of new business
- Strong communication skills in a consultative selling environment
- Excellent team player
- Proven presentation skill to present to senior management
What's on Offer
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and commission structure, along with a full flexible benefits package.
In addition the company offers a supportive and tenured environment for you to further develop your skills and continue your career across divisions or internationally.
Ongoing training and development of you and your skills is a great part of this company's culture.