Sales Director (APAC) - Heavy Automotive Components
New role and headcount
Distributor management for APAC
About Our Client
Our client is a leading European manufacturer of components for the heavy automotive (cars, trucks, trailers, fire engines and buses) industry and have been in the market for more than 50 years. In APAC, their key business interests are across Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, China, Australia and Indonesia while the production happens in China, India & Europe. The Sales Director (APAC) is a newly setup role and headcount and the first hire to drive new and existing distributor relationships in the region.
The Sales Director (APAC) is responsible for driving channel sales of exhaust systems into heavy automotive OEMs in APAC. Besides, this role will be responsible for leading one team member, who will be responsible for product management & marketing:
Reporting to the Business Director in the region, this role is responsible for:
- Leading sales in APAC by bringing new distributors to the group
- Managing existing distributor and direct relationships
- Building a strategic business growth plan
- Being the market expert on automotive parts - exhaust systems in heavy automotive
- Having a strong understanding of competitors in the industry and building a competitive edge
- Driving culture of solution driven sales
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or a related technical discipline
- 12 years or more in selling parts to the heavy automotive sector in Asia Pacific including ANZ, Korea and Japan
- Strong OEM and distributor relationships
- Experience in building a sales business from the ground up including business plans
- The role requires frequent overseas travel
What's on Offer
Our client, a high-end manufacturing firm has a history of more than 50 years in making and selling parts for the heavy automotive industry. Despite the recent, challenging market conditions they have decided to make significant investment in APAC and grow their distributor network. With their origins in Europe, they have enjoyed a reputable brand recognition and are looking for someone who will be a true brand ambassador in APAC.
The remuneration for this role and benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market and linked to the top-line and bottom-line growth. This is a hands-on field sales role so we are not looking for candidates who are purely seeking management roles.