Research Director | Lifescience Field
High Visibility Senior Executive Position
Strategic role responsible for initiating strategic changes within company
About Our Client
My client is an established MNC in Chemicals industry. Currently recruiting for an experienced Research Director to be part of their Innovation Research team, specializing in the healthcare and life science field (Vaccines and Diagnostic Research). Be part of leading cutting-edge R&D projects that involve collaborations with institutions around the world.
The successful candidate should be confident to manage a team of 10 members and responsible for:
Research & Development
- Conducting R&D for molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases or other area of diseases and preventive/therapeutic vaccines.
- Maintaining high level science in research projects to generate unique and competitive technologies that are broadly applicable to vaccine and diagnostics.
- Networking with prominent scientists to facilitate progress and development of ongoing R&D projects
- Ownership of short to mid-term execution of functional strategy and the operational direction of the research laboratory.
- Ensuring product development projects are delivered on time, to agreed cost, performance and quality.
- Solve problems which are complex and require extensive investigation and analysis.
- Requires ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Responsible for people development within the group to assure high quality results and efficient processes.
The Successful Applicant
- PhD in Microbiology, Molecular or Cell Biology, or other suitable life science discipline.
- 3 to 5 years' industry or academia experience as a principal investigator or a research manager in relevant research area.
- Internationally recognized research track record (Journal Publications, Conference Presentations, and Competitive Grants & Research Awards).
What's on Offer
This role will offer an unparalleled opportunity to work in a dynamic environment. This role provides opportunities to work across regions with perfect opportunities to exercise entrepreneurial approaches. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive package, as well as chances to accumulate professional experience within a multi-nationally renowned organization.