Regional Transportation Manager (Freight Operations experience)
Global FMCG Company
Regional Exposure Role
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in the Consumer Goods Industry with multi-billion-dollar revenue worldwide. They have a huge worldwide presence and have significant market share in key global markets, offering a variety of Consumer Care products to their customers. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge, people and products. With increasing demand and new product introductions, they are currently looking for a Regional Transportation Manager (FMCG Freight Operations background) to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue their current growth.
- Ability to drive transportation planning/forecasting, identify & implement improvement opportunities, support sourcing process for new carriers/forwarders & create SLAs/SOPs and manage the relationship & performance with carriers/forwarders.
- Evaluate, define and strategies Transportation processes across the APAC region.
- Be well-versed in TMC concept - combination of Global Transportation Management System (TMS) Software, Logistics Process Management, and Consulting Services.
- Provide support, solution and strategy for e-Commerce platform.
- Manages transportation budget within the assigned scope, tracks the spend, identifies any gap and drives the remediation actions
- Having a thorough understanding of the 3PL industry to match individual competencies with the needs of each Transportation/Freight Forwarders across the region.
- Spearheading Cost savings Projects for the region - (structural changes) longer-term vs strategic moves.
- Driving process improvements to optimize delivery, customer satisfaction and cost.
- Primary point of transportation contact to the assigned stakeholder groups.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Logistics or equivalent related studies, and you must have significant years of relevant experiences in Transportation Planning/Logistics. You must have full exposure to a REGIONAL portfolio for this position. Experience in FMCG sectors with exposure in Leadership will be an advantage. You should also be strong with analytics as well as be sensitive to trends. Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential.
What's on Offer
You will be in an organization that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. Also, they have a clear set of standards and guidance for conducting their business with integrity and have a huge emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility. High performing employees are recognized and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies, staff purchasing privileges and quarterly allowances.