Regional Technical Project Manager (APAC & Oceania)
New role with an expanding and growing MNC.
Autonomy to make decision, team-based environment.
About Our Client
A leading global FMCG organization is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to lead product commercialization as the group continues to grow and expand their footprint in Asia Pacific and Oceania.
- Regional subject matter expert for new product commercialization and acts as a liaison between the R&D team, bottler partners/vendors, quality and regulatory affair team as well as the internal commercial and marketing leadership team to drive successful project delivery.
- Collaborate with operation to scout for new production site to ensure R&D formula and processes information are translated well to the third-party manufacturers.
- Interface with in-house R&D team (flavourist, chemists, scientists) to transfer bench work and sensory knowledge to co-packers and ensure smooth production.
- Interface with in-house R&D team to understand mixing instructions, control points, sensory targets for new formulas and manufacturing processes to ensure successful transfer of benchtop work to new co-packers.
- Lead and execute technical test run at new plants with internal and external stakeholders, taking note of test parameters, process specification and R&D formulations.
- Provide commercial formula guidelines to R&D team for formula specification development.
- Lead plant capability assessment within APAC and Oceania region.
- Coordinate with flavour and ingredient houses, vendors and operation to ensure raw material availability for product trials, first production runs and mass production stage.
- Establish SOP and test protocols during test runs to ensure co-packers and other technical aspect are aligned and in compliance to food safety standards.
- Troubleshoot issues in relation to batching, raw materials, shelf-life, heat processing, retort, pasteurization, aseptic processing and production.
- Uncover roadblocks & define critical paths, identify resource constraints and create contingency plans.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years experiences as a R&D Technical Specialist, Food Scientist or New Product Developer with experience in consumer-packaged goods/food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Food/Beverage R&D and manufacturing environment is a must.
- Candidate from flavour house, food ingredient industry or even FMCG (food & beverage B2C group) is encouraged to apply.
- Able to commit to 50% travel overseas for business trip.
What's on Offer
Good team synergy and supportive work environment.