Regional Tax Manager - Fortune 500 Company
Opportunity to set up the team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading US listed technology hardware company. The organisations has operation around the globe with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
As their first tax manager in the APAC region, you will be:
- Reporting to the Tax Director in Europe.
- Covering a portfolio country within the APAC region.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to ensure accurate and timely tax reporting for each legal entity.
- Review direct (corporate income tax) and indirect taxes (VAT, GST, consumption tax, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with the tax concession programs, e.g. Pioneer and Development and Expansion Incentives.
- Obtain and manage grant incentive programs and optimise the claims.
- Partner with the business and identify tax planning opportunities in countries where the company has footprint.
- Prepare/review/compile quarterly income tax accrual calculations for all Asia entities
- Support U.S. tax provision every quarter, and provide timely details needed for U.S. tax return process
- Ensure compliance with corporate income tax withholding rules on cross-border payments
- Assist with transfer pricing matters and provide guidance on intercompany transactions
- Support tax audits of entities in the region as needed
- Support statutory audit process for entities in the region as needed
- Be a trusted business partner for our Asia business operations, providing guidance as needed for new business initiatives, proposed transactions and process enhancement projects
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicant would be:
- Holder of Bachelors or Masters Degree from reputable university.
- 8+ years of experience in the audit firms and large MNCs.
- Familiar with both direct and indirect tax with the ability to apply.
- Familiar with OECD report on BEPS and other international tax issues.
- Knowledge on USGAAP and FIN48 will be a plus.
- Excellent communication, business partnering and project management skills.
- Team player with ability to work as individual contributor as well as with people across functions, culture and from all levels within the organisations.
What's on Offer
The company offers:
- Attractive benefits
- Stable work environment