Regional Tax and Treasury Manager
Global exposure into Asia-Pacific and Africa markets
About Our Client
My client is a high growth Pharmaceutical player, selling a range of non-prescription pharmacy products and prescription medicine across the globe. They are expanding its operations across the Asia-Pacific and Africa markets and is currently looking for a technically competent Tax and Treasury Manager to manage the regional functions across more than 30 entities.
Reporting directly to the Regional Financial Controller, you will be building up the Tax and Treasury functions within the group by consolidating the existing functions from the respective in-country finance teams. As a subject matter expert in Tax and Treasury, you will be required to work alongside with external consultants and tax authorities in ensuring that all tax returns, payments and compliance matters are executed in a timely manner. You will be responsible for all direct and indirect tax advisory work in the course of business expansion and identify opportunities for cost saving and improvement in processes and system. As for the Treasury aspect, you will oversee and execute the daily treasury activities including cash forecasting and liquidity reporting requirements. You will need to work closely with the regional finance heads and Group CFO in managing banking relationships, foreign exchange risk mitigation and supporting on FX deals. You will be the key go-to person for the sales and operations team relating to tax planning and cash management issues.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Accounting Degree or equivalent, CA/CPA qualified with 8 -12 years of working experience with well-established Multinationals (Tax experience is a must while Treasury experience is secondary)
- Prior experience in Big 4 environment will be a great plus
- Experience in managing projects / starting up functions in a regional capacity will be of great advantage
- Strong communication skills and culturally sensitive to work with counterparts in different geographical locations
- Self-starter and motivated individual with a "can-do" attitude
- Hands-on personality, team player and continuously seek for continuous improvements
What's on Offer
This is a role with huge potential to grow as the business expands in the region. You will enjoy working with a team of dynamic and results-oriented individuals.