Regional Sales Manager (Shipping & Marine Products)
APAC regional exposure
Manufacturer and distributer of electro mechanical products
About Our Client
Our client manufacture ground-breaking marine technology, starting new trends that are fundamentally and radically changing the Marine and Shipping industry. Their comprehensive range of products and solutions have a strong track record of dramatically improving profitability, on-board safety and operational efficiency.
Their technology offers compliance with all safety, environmental, medical, and navigation marine regulations, protecting assets, life and the environment in the global maritime industry.
Thanks to in-house design and manufacturing capabilities they are consistently growing, developing and enhancing their product range, whilst their agility enables rapid response to bespoke customer requirements.
The Singapore office is the initial point of contact for customers across a wide geographic region, stretching from the Indian Sub Continent to South East Asia and onto Australia and New Zealand, as well as the key north Asia markets of China, South Korea and Japan.
The objective of the Sales Manager (Marine Products) will be to drive sales within India and China countries - this will involve both managing existing customer relationships whilst also bringing on board new accounts and developing new growth opportunities.
Responsibilities for the Sales Manager (Marine Products) include:
- Build a sales pipeline worth 4x annual budget through intensive telephone prospecting and qualifying
- Build a network of resellers, agents and partners - to maximise sales through all channels
- Conceive new innovative product ideas by identifying solutions to unsolved customer and industry problems
- Produce reliable monthly forecasts of sales revenue and profit bookings
- Increase active customers by 20%
The Successful Applicant
For the Sales Manager role you must be:
- Passionate about helping customers to improve their business
- Disciplined and maximise the value from every minute of selling time
- Dynamic, authoritative, high energy and engaging individual
- Highly competitive
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurial mindset
- Competent at handling objections, negotiating and closing business
- Strong with your presentation skills
Requirements for the Sales Manager include:
- Minimum 3 years in a B2B targeted fast paced sales environment
- Strong track record of hitting targets through rigorous application of sales process from cold calling through to closing
- Capable of introducing disruptive technology products
- Experience of international reseller/ agent development
- Evidence of self-development
What's on Offer
- An attractive package inclusive of an uncapped performance related bonus
- Opportunity to join a global business and be a key contributor to future growth and success in the region
- A supportive and driven leadership team who have been in the company for 5+ years providing a strong platform for your future development